Monday, February 11, 2013

New Poems and old ones

Sophia b. 1/28/2013 @ 2:30pm
8 lbs. 21"L
Hello Sofiah, you lovely great Granddaughter!
What a blessing is your arrival has been!
So happy I am here to see you and then
I think of Great Grandpa Bill and the love
   He also would send
    to you darling baby girl.

Your Mommy and Daddy are so proud
And first time Grandma Barb squealed aloud
At the thrill of seeing you for the first time
I love you Sofiah, great granddaughter of mine.

© Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart February 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rain Drops
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Raindrops softly falling on the thirsty summer rose
Blades of grass are green, wherever they grow
A quiet peace comes over my little kingdom here
Trusting in the Lord, there is nothing that I fear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/24 10  Good night sky
                    ©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart
Good night burning embers in the sky
Good night Mallards floating by.
Good night silhouetted trees against the sky
Good night to all the birds that fly
Silently above the clouds to find
Their roosting place that would be kind
Until the morning light.


ll/25/10  GIVING THANKS
                   ©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

When first I fold my hands in prayer
All those far away are present here
If not in sight, but in my heart
God unites us in every part
Together at end of day.

Another Thanksgiving memory with family
A gift from God to me
I will look back on this day and smile
At what was your way to make me laugh
   as in time past.

The warmth of the candles, the oven and love
Filling the kitchen, my heart and some
Left over to spill on days ahead.
I will remember all as I break my bread
On ordinary days.

All god's love from up above
As the Egret flies and Mallards come
Visiting the pond bank in Autumn sun
Gracing my world with the Holy One
Thanking you for every tiny thing
You have ever given to me.
Without You, Lord, where would I be?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Such Beauty 8-29-10
    by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 

Thank you God for humming birds
And all of your creatures dear
We are very blessed to have them
Around us all so near.

Thank you for all the creatures
Who bless our humble space
Each time we gaze upon their beauty, 
We catch a glimpse of 
Your beautiful face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LITTLE GIFTS FROM THEE
        by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

A lovely flower he brought to me
And I treasured it as you can see
I put it where I spend my time
And now I see it all the time.

He always thinks of things to brighten my day
Though he is not well but still I pray
Every day for a miracle to come
And heal my beloved, my dearest one.

We treasure each moment given to us
And he bears the burdens without a fuss
Though pain is often his companion now
His love never ceases to overflow
   And cover me...
August 27, 2010
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SUMMER RAIN 7/9/10
     by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

How I love the summer rain
The sound of droplets on windowpane,
The silver splashes upon the lake
And thirsty plants-a drink they take
The grass looks greener than before
When last I stepped outside my door.

Ah Summer rain! I love the peace,
A quiet time to write a poetry piece
Or curl up with a lovely book
With kitty in a cozy nook.
And all the housework I forsook
For a lovely summer rain!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A BLUE BIRD CALL    6/21/10
    By Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

A tiny body needing food
  A weary Mama understood
A fluttering of a baby's wings
  Bring Mama holding nourishing things
To please her darling baby.
**************************************

DRAGONFLY
     - Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Upon fairy's wings I fly
And all the pleasures I derive
Are from floating in a gentle breeze
That carries me from Lake to trees 
   and ever, ever upward.

Hovering over the lake I spy
A large Mouth Bass that has me in his eye,
But just as he decides to strike
I lift myself from his sight
On my trusty fairy wings!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/11/2000   AN EVENING PRAYER
                        by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

The Lord is my Nightlight...

Lord, bless my head down to my feet
As now I lay me down to sleep.
Fill my dreams with spiritual things
And fill my heart with love
That only knowing You brings
  ~because of Your saving Grace.

I sometimes forget to call Your name 
Or reach to touch Your mighty hand
But I know You know my wants and needs
   Without me even speaking!

Hold me in the palm of Your great hand
Let my sleeping head be cradled there
And when I wake, please keep your hand at my back
To keep me upright in your path.
   Thank you Lord, my "Night Light".
     ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3 comments:

  1. Precious great granddaughter and lovely poems, Kerrie! I especially like The Lord is my Nightlight - a real blessing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie! Delightful to get to know you better through your poetry. And, my condolences on the loss of your husband. May the Lord stir up His gifts in you moreso as, through experience, you will have greater words of life and healing to minister to others.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete