Monday, March 11, 2013

Poem: Wish We Could Start Again

3/11/13


Wish we could start again
    ©Kerrie O’Hearn Marquart

I sometimes wish that we could start again
Like when we were young way back when
When lovin’ you was all I ever needed,
You lovin’ me was all you ever needed.

Hand in hand we’d walk a sunny trail
Just lovin’ life and knowing we’d never fail
At love, at life, at anything, we two
As long as we had each other, never blue.

We looked forward to a life that was so rare
So much in love in storms we never cared,
Nothin’ could be wrong when we were two, honey
How blessed I was when God gave me you!

Now I am alone and sometimes blue
But your memory warms my heart ever true
I never thought I would have to walk alone, honey
But still, I wish I could start again with you....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment