Saturday, March 23, 2013

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!


IT'S MY BIRTHDAY...
              ©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Today the numbers are turned around
From seventeen to seventy one.
And Bill is no longer here to celebrate
Bill my beloved, wonderful mate.

We sure were full of dreams back then 
And life was good to us, times ten.
God was good to bring us together
What a blessing through good and bad weather.

And we took our vows very seriously when
" til death do us part" was repeated back then.
Love at the first and love at the last
Holding your hand, the suffering was past.

But I will celebrate in my heart with you
Though you are in heaven, you are still you
And I feel you here beside me.
I hear you say "Happy Birthday Kerr"
And then a romantic card you gave
With a big smile and a kiss...so dear.

Thanking God for all the birthdays I spent with you.
And for all your birthdays, too, 
I got to spend with you. 
The two of us were one, half of me is you
Together we were the whole.


Original artwork by my Son, Daniel H. Marquart 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kerrie. I know Bill is up their looking down at you and saying Happy Birthday too. I loved the poem and a beautiful drawing by your Son. I know where he gets his talent from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday. Such a beautiful poem and I love the drawing by your son. I celebrated my 64th on the 20th, the first day of spring.

    Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete